Jean Monnet Workshop
“Rethinking Migration Management:
European and National Experience”
18 February 2021
Workshop “Rethinking Migration Management: European and National Experience”
On 18 February 2021, the workshop "Rethinking Migration Management: The European and National Experience" was organized in hybrid mode (face to face and online). This event is an action within the Jean Monnet Chair in EU studies and Migration project, implemented by ASEM with the financial support of the Erasmus + program of the European Union.
The workshop agenda can be viewed HERE
The event was opened by Mr. Mihai HACHI, coordinator of the EUMIGRA -Jean Monnet project, who also moderated the event.
The event was opened with an welcome message given by:
- Ala Cotelnic, First Vice-Rector of the Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova (ASEM)
- Olga POALELUNGI, Migration and Asylum Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Nadejda ZUBCO, Diaspora Relations Office
During the event, several representatives of the migration management authorities (Migration and Asylum Office, Diaspora Relations Office, ANOFM, etc.), as well as non-governmental associations presented the current situation, achievements and challenges they are coping with in designing and implementing the migration and asylum policy.
Also, researchers from the Republic of Moldova (ASEM, Institute of Ecology and Geography, INCE, USM, UST, USEFS) and Romania ("Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University of Iasi, University of Oradea, middle and vocational schools) presented their results their research on such topics as:
-Migration policies in the Republic of Moldova: Strategies and realities;
- Diaspora Migration and Development common strategic objective;
- Strengthening the Moldovan diaspora in the context of migration management; Influences of policies on the intensity of migration flows from the Republic of Moldova;
- Is the international migration of the Romanian population a continuation of the internal migration from the communist period?
- The impact of migration on the labor market and the role of ANOFM in the reintegration of returned migrants;
- Return migration to the national and European migration system, and more.
It is important to mention the high quality of the presentations’ content, which can be consulted HERE
Photos from workshop can be seen HERE